Why deadlines?
Its the truth. I just can't seem to function without a deadline. And I've tried. Hard. To no avail.
A writing job's come up and I've been requested to deliver my copy in two weeks' time. Of course, I don't intend to start work on it until the night before my deadline expires. Its not as if I don't sit in front of the computer, faithfully open the write folder / file and page. And then stare at the monitor screen - which is as blank as my mind.....
No words, no ideas...zilch.
As I write this, scripts for a short film and an Audio visual are ahnging over ny head like a twin edged sword of Damocles. And yet? I choose to fill another empty page in my blog. Why?
Can someone explain?
A deadline is supposed to be negative inspiration. But it works, every time. Maybe, that's why the diets don't...the resolutions fail...the good intentions get lost somewhere in the haze of indefinitude.
Do I need to work on my attitude? Direct my energy towards a single focus? Or just allow the laissez faire lapses to persist?
Hmmm... lemme think....errrrr....by when would you like to know??
Labels: Deadlines

1 Comments:
I'm the opposite, the closer to the deadline I am, the more stressed and less productive I am. I start to doubt my work and forget my original plan. Who knows what the heck is wrong with me.
Post a Comment
<< Home